Resources for parents
SPANISH CONVERSATION SHOWS FOR ADULTS
MI VIDA LOCA
Spanish show with 22 episodes produced by BBC.co.uk and great resources, such as interactive episodes, transcripts in PDF, subtitles, etc.
Spanish show with 13 episodes. Subtitles can be activated on youtube (CC icon) and transcripts are available on the video details (under the YouTube player).
Short episodes based in Guanajuato, Mexico. 16 episodes sorted in 3 different seasons. Subtitles can be activated on youtube (CC icon).
DUAL LANGUAGE IMMERSION PROGRAM
The Dual Language Immersion Program in Spanish (also known as Spanish Immersion Program) extends from kindergarten through fifth grade and has been running since the school opened in August 2008. Liberty Elementary was accepted in the International Spanish Academies (ISA) in 2013, joining the educational network sponsored by the Embassy of Spain.
Take a look at what is going on nationally with the immersion and partial immersion programs. "What Parents Want to Know about Foreign Language Immersion Programs” provides a starting point that may help you begin to understand what will be going on at Liberty.
- Students will receive instruction from core content as prescribed by the Kentucky Department of Education and Liberty Elementary.
- Teachers will provide 1/2-day instruction in English and 1/2-day instruction in Spanish (50/50 model)
- Students will attend all special classes such as music, art, physical education, science, library, etc.
- English instruction will focus on Language Arts and Social Studies.
- Spanish instruction will focus on Math and Science.
- Teachers will collaborate on all areas of the curriculum and assessment of student progress.